"Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage." Psalm 84:5

7.31.2006

So I turned 34 last week. I gotta say, it helps that my dear sis is always a year ahead of me (happy birthday, Gina). It's not that I feel old..I just may be starting to have that thing that older people tell me about where I look in the mirror (or at my bunions) and think - huh? I feel so...25!
Anyway, C did his best to make my day special. Roses (twice!), a big box of chocolates that I had the kids help me eat, Dinner - fabulous swordfish in Indiatlantic, a sitter for the kiddos - amazing since we just got into town earlier this month, a funny card, and a few sweet emails. He's quite a guy when he puts his mind to it.

I am trying to take my cues on adjusting to this move from my kids, mostly. They are resiliant, adaptable, taking life a day at a time. I am curious and expectant, while still dealing with the looming lonliness of not seeing a familiar face anywhere. I do like the church we've been visiting, and plan to sign up for a Bible study there. I will help out at the kids' school - they start August 9th...I may work very part time at MediShare's offices or from home for them, swim laps pretty darn cheaply ($1.50/session) ten minutes from my house, maybe volunteer with Meals on Wheels or the Red Cross. Try to write more consistently. Get closer to Jesus. It's still, though, for now, a fine line between hope and heartache.

No comments: