"Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage." Psalm 84:5

10.07.2008

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."
These familiar words speak out from the Psalms, convicting me time and time again.

When I feel uneasy about the fact that we are still living in a rental house, over two years after our major cross country move...

When we try so hard to stick to our budget, live within our means, and we're still borrowing from the next check here and there...

When a quiet moment or two just can't be found in a day...

When being motherless reaches around and socks me in the gut by suprise, again...

When I don't take the time to remember that I am not the Shepherd, the Potter, or the Owner of a precious coin, but that I am dust, a child, a sheep. I have a good and loving Heavenly Father. Taking care of me is not my job. This is hard to swallow as an Independant American, but it is the truth. Thank God for the green pasture where I'm called to lay down. He makes me lay down, because He knows I need a rest.

No comments: